This ejection seat is a Mk4 with a rocket motor
Fitted in Super Etendard and Mirage
Seat with a rocket motor giving a zero/zero ejection capability
This seat is equipped with two firing handles,
- the upper one includes a face screen to protect the pilot;
- the second one located between the legs; called auxiliary firing handle is used when the acceleration is too high.
The seat is equipped :
- drogue parachutes ‘duplex’ packed in a container
- main parachute packed in a horse shoe shaped container
- a Harness tension regulator.
- a leg restraining system
- a rocket motor and it ignition system
- a rigid personal survival pack
Technical data sheet
Ejection range up to 600 Kts
Acceleration of a fully equipped pilot (85kg) < 19g
Ejection gun with three telescopic tubes
Adjustment of the seat pan with or without an actuator
Automatic seat/man separation (redundancy with or without snubber system)
Pilot parachute: Irvin, Diameter 7.3 m
Direct firing unit (no delay)
Drogue gun: 0.5 sec.
Barosctatic time release unit: 2 sec.
Altitude setting 12000 /14000 ft
No g controller restriction
Weight of the armed seat + personal survival pack: 84 Kg
- Yearly visit
- General mechanism servicing every 5 years
- General seat servicing every 12 years